General

My hero academia

Episode 1 of Season 7 dropped - PLUS ULTRA, baby!

Tying this anime to our community - there IS a hero character named "Fat Gum", who is basically a fatty that absorbs impact into his fat and traps it. Whats even cooler is that he's shown as a very effective and capable hero, and while his outfit and costume are drawn in a comical way, he is very much respected and has some amazing moments of awesome during the series. It's cool to have a fat character that is treated with respect and given the chance to be a role model.

There is even one episode in which Fat Gum uses up all of his stored energy, and is shown as this lean, ripped dude with a traditional superhero physique - so we learn that he chooses to be fat for his powers. (The before/after content is really a nice touch for the feederist in me.)

The main female student, Ochako Uraraka (Uravity) is also drawn in a more soft, curvy way - while not fat, she is not drawn with a traditional superhero physique, either. It's great to have heroic and wholesome characters drawn with more realistic human proportions - as opposed to the "giant boobs and ass, impossibly thin waist" that often dominates superhero art.

Anyway - I cannot WAIT for the rest of this season. If anyone wants to chat directly about the show, HMU!!!
1 week

My hero academia

First episode was fantastic, btw - smart, creative writing, and an intelligent villain who is a solid match for our heroes. GO BEYOND!
1 week

My hero academia

(I know that this thread is only me so far, but I don't see any other spots that quite fit this topic. Mods - please kindly direct me if there's a better way to connect on this topic! And... is there a way to change the thread title to just 'Anime'?)

I wanted to add that I just watched Jujutsu Kaisen for the first time and I thought it was pretty great. I enjoyed the concept eating a curse to absorb it and become stronger, and there some cute references to recipes for steamed dumpling.meatballs and for.hot seafood Ramen at the ends of some of the episodes.

I'm always looking for new shows - Plus-size Elf is supposedly coming later this year - I'm pretty excited about that one.

Any other anime fans with recommendations? (Bonus points for any shows with characters who'd seem at home here on FF!)
1 week

My hero academia

You can’t go wrong with the classics. Attack on titan, FMAB, Vinland saga, Naruto. I know it’s long but One Piece is a masterpiece as well.

If your in to sports anime blue lock, haikyui, eye shield 21, ace of diamonds.

For character who would fit well on the site I don’t think that there are many over weight characters that are produced well. Komi can’t communicate has an overweight side character girl but not many others that would have more than a side character
1 week

My hero academia

Tonyperkis:
You can’t go wrong with the classics. Attack on titan, FMAB, Vinland saga, Naruto. I know it’s long but One Piece is a masterpiece as well.

If your in to sports anime blue lock, haikyui, eye shield 21, ace of diamonds.

For character who would fit well on the site I don’t think that there are many over weight characters that are produced well. Komi can’t communicate has an overweight side character girl but not many others that would have more than a side character

One Piece is daunting. So... much... content. Lol

I haven't watched any sports-based anime - thanks for the suggestion. Do you have a favorite in that list? What makes it a standout, in your opinion?
1 week

My hero academia

I'm not a fan of long running anime series. They tend to devolve into significant repetition, long lulls of inaction, dialogue, or monologue, followed by bouts of action. Abridged versions of series like Dragonball, One Piece, My Hero Academia, Naruto, and others tend to get the point across while leaving out the unnecessary formulas that make up the filler.

There is a fair amount of good anime, and many truly great shows. I'd rather spend my time looking for those than watching episode two hundred something of a series that ran out of interesting things to say 100 episodes ago.
1 week

My hero academia

If I had to give a top 5 of series that aren’t hundreds of episodes long
1. Attack on titan, story telling might just be the best in all of literature and the characters are complex and compelling.
2. FMAB, kinda slow to start but the ending 30 episodes had me at the edge of my seat.
3. Vinland sag, season 1 is great but season 2 is very different pacing wise the character development is unmatched.
4. Banana fish, kinda obscure but the pacing is fast but not too fast, and the characters are very interesting
5. Demon slayer, still on running I think season 4 starts of here soon but the animation is incredible as well as the characters are likable as well as a decent story line

The series with 100s of episodes are great if you’re willing to invest time into them but they do have their problems wether it be pacing or tons of filler but having time to work through characters and plot lines has something to be said as well
1 week