Lifestyle tips

Subcutaneous vs visceral fat

Fattoo:
I liked these replies.
And would be better for me to restart my fattening process.
Would have liked to know the role exercise should play out sometime ago. I realized at 293lbs that I maxed out my gaining progress. Had I exercised to whatever way is best. I would have been able to continue getting fatter. And in a much more appreciable way.
I had looked into the Sumo diet.
But I guess I just got carried away with eating and relaxing instead. Certainly would require more effort and time to first strategize a proper exercise routine and then to make it a weekly habit. At that rate I am like my own instructor, yet overeating at the same time to get fattened. It just seems so ridiculous to me.
I wonder what it would be like to lose 140lbs and start over again?
It been years of living in the lazy way. Fat an lazy. Out of coordination and hardly any flexibility. Oh man, well it's going to be a long day to continue as I have. And not meet up with a new modus operandi.
The way is not yet clear.....

Munchies:
I think the problem tends to lie where fantasy and reality meet.

You can fantasize about whatever you like, but most of it has to stay in fantasy. There tend to be ... repercussions. You might be fine with some of them in the short term, but the longer you don't do things safely or mindfully, the more you suffer for it.

It's also why you can find a lot of 200 - 300 lbs feedists, but not as many 400+ lbs feedists.

Thanks for the insight.
Likewise in fantasy vs reality.
I can say when committing going beyond my prior plateau.
I lost count comparing weekly expense for food. And ever since my girlfriend brought over much larger soup bowls. Which we loved. Have increased volume 4x. And yet the habit for second servings still remains. And recently noticing not having enough for leftovers.
Making more gets even more expensive.
More time consuming.
And unrealized changes / habits / preferences that come with weight gains.
The next thing to improve progress always becomes a new menu change, which can be as simple as adding a handful of fig newtons for the lunchbox. To eat before lunch.
And good grief, another added grocery expense.
Plus since Covid, foods are costing 2x more!.

At this time. I have been sick all week with no appetite, thanks to my already sick girlfriend coming over last weekend.
She is still sick as I am. So stayed home. I feel like I'm fat. But actually losing weight. At the same time my waist shrunk 2".
I guess I am setback it is costing so much for food.

But also realizing my girlfriend thinks a nice weekend includes cooking and relaxing.

Being responsible for health is not my endeavor, but neither is anything else.
Staying home to eat rather than going outside to play has been a pleasure with something to gain.

Not committed otherwise.
3 weeks

Fattoo:
I liked these replies.
And would be better for me to restart my fattening process.
Would have liked to know the role exercise should play out sometime ago. I realized at 293lbs that I maxed out my gaining progress. Had I exercised to whatever way is best. I would have been able to continue getting fatter. And in a much more appreciable way.
I had looked into the Sumo diet.
But I guess I just got carried away with eating and relaxing instead. Certainly would require more effort and time to first strategize a proper exercise routine and then to make it a weekly habit. At that rate I am like my own instructor, yet overeating at the same time to get fattened. It just seems so ridiculous to me.
I wonder what it would be like to lose 140lbs and start over again?
It been years of living in the lazy way. Fat an lazy. Out of coordination and hardly any flexibility. Oh man, well it's going to be a long day to continue as I have. And not meet up with a new modus operandi.
The way is not yet clear.....

Munchies:
I think the problem tends to lie where fantasy and reality meet.

You can fantasize about whatever you like, but most of it has to stay in fantasy. There tend to be ... repercussions. You might be fine with some of them in the short term, but the longer you don't do things safely or mindfully, the more you suffer for it.

It's also why you can find a lot of 200 - 300 lbs feedists, but not as many 400+ lbs feedists.

Fattoo:
Thanks for the insight.
Likewise in fantasy vs reality.
I can say when committing going beyond my prior plateau.
I lost count comparing weekly expense for food. And ever since my girlfriend brought over much larger soup bowls. Which we loved. Have increased volume 4x. And yet the habit for second servings still remains. And recently noticing not having enough for leftovers.
Making more gets even more expensive.
More time consuming.
And unrealized changes / habits / preferences that come with weight gains.
The next thing to improve progress always becomes a new menu change, which can be as simple as adding a handful of fig newtons for the lunchbox. To eat before lunch.
And good grief, another added grocery expense.
Plus since Covid, foods are costing 2x more!.

At this time. I have been sick all week with no appetite, thanks to my already sick girlfriend coming over last weekend.
She is still sick as I am. So stayed home. I feel like I'm fat. But actually losing weight. At the same time my waist shrunk 2".
I guess I am setback it is costing so much for food.

But also realizing my girlfriend thinks a nice weekend includes cooking and relaxing.

Being responsible for health is not my endeavor, but neither is anything else.
Staying home to eat rather than going outside to play has been a pleasure with something to gain.

Not committed otherwise.

Feel better soon, love.

I understand the health thing. However, if you want to grow, it is good to care at least a little.

Mind you that I am a former gainer and a experienced extreme feeder. So, I know a thing or two.

I say this a lot, but not caring about your health can, ironically, make it harder to gain. Plus, as an American, if you don't take care of your health, your food money will end up paying for your medical bills - even if you have insurance.
3 weeks

Jeesh, I didn't know I came across that way...not caring as in don't care. I have a hole evidently.
Appreciate your reply.

To some extent I have learned some things about myself ever since playing preteen city league basketball, baseball and high school gym class.
And that is commitment to be focused and learning by practicing and research. Even more specifically would be my years in the Scouts. And now realizing Everytime I need to learn something.
Thing is, paying attention, keeping with it, and taking delight can and has become boring to me in many endeavors.
It's not so much that I don't care.
I just don't see a need to self improve at a high level.. A passing grade has always meant I did "good enough".
Usually just glad that class is over.
Teachers have taken me out of class for special learning in 4th grade. I use to day dream. I still do, when things get boring or having to learn something. Like it or not, I drift off.
I even drift off on topics I would like to hear.
I never thought of it as not caring. It was more about lost attention to what I was doing, or started and didn't finish, moving on to something else.
It just seems there is too little time for getting specific and more important to do as many things as possible.
Even not evaluating the outcome.
The flip side is when I do take care to express the arc in a circle in what is a proper radius.

Working with a Young Sheldon would be fine until I get critiqued.
The attention to detail and further application of theories supporting the idea is interesting to me. But I usually have a shorter vision.
My visions/ dreams tend not to be in reality. Mostly distractions.
So instead of saying I don't care if my bmi is 31.4 ( a year ago)
I should try to admit whatever health risk I am at and should perceive there is a better way to spend my time. To stop living in my own private Idaho.

Kudos to anyone finding me interesting.
Someone once given me a book, something about finding your soul. I never read it. But thought that is probably a nice book I should read.

Thing is, I will sit and eat watching TV. But not to read a book.
Reading a book means you need to pay attention.

Well, today is my 14th day of having a multi symptom cold. But I am feeling better but not cleared from it yet. Feeling better having my first breakfast in 2 weeks.

It's really amazing how I only lost 6 pounds having no real appetite. But was enjoying the thick cut pork chop I just had before responding here.

Good Day
Scheduling appointment for reprogramming the membrane.
Haha
Well if my habits are not serving me in my best interest.
My best interests better get interesting. And then it will show that I care.
3 weeks

Fattoo:
Jeesh, I didn't know I came across that way...not caring as in don't care. I have a hole evidently.
Appreciate your reply.

To some extent I have learned some things about myself ever since playing preteen city league basketball, baseball and high school gym class.
And that is commitment to be focused and learning by practicing and research. Even more specifically would be my years in the Scouts. And now realizing Everytime I need to learn something.
Thing is, paying attention, keeping with it, and taking delight can and has become boring to me in many endeavors.
It's not so much that I don't care.
I just don't see a need to self improve at a high level.. A passing grade has always meant I did "good enough".
Usually just glad that class is over.
Teachers have taken me out of class for special learning in 4th grade. I use to day dream. I still do, when things get boring or having to learn something. Like it or not, I drift off.
I even drift off on topics I would like to hear.
I never thought of it as not caring. It was more about lost attention to what I was doing, or started and didn't finish, moving on to something else.
It just seems there is too little time for getting specific and more important to do as many things as possible.
Even not evaluating the outcome.
The flip side is when I do take care to express the arc in a circle in what is a proper radius.

Working with a Young Sheldon would be fine until I get critiqued.
The attention to detail and further application of theories supporting the idea is interesting to me. But I usually have a shorter vision.
My visions/ dreams tend not to be in reality. Mostly distractions.
So instead of saying I don't care if my bmi is 31.4 ( a year ago)
I should try to admit whatever health risk I am at and should perceive there is a better way to spend my time. To stop living in my own private Idaho.

Kudos to anyone finding me interesting.
Someone once given me a book, something about finding your soul. I never read it. But thought that is probably a nice book I should read.

Thing is, I will sit and eat watching TV. But not to read a book.
Reading a book means you need to pay attention.

Well, today is my 14th day of having a multi symptom cold. But I am feeling better but not cleared from it yet. Feeling better having my first breakfast in 2 weeks.

It's really amazing how I only lost 6 pounds having no real appetite. But was enjoying the thick cut pork chop I just had before responding here.

Good Day
Scheduling appointment for reprogramming the membrane.
Haha
Well if my habits are not serving me in my best interest.
My best interests better get interesting. And then it will show that I care.

Sounds like you might be depressed. But I'm not a psychologist, so idk.
3 weeks

I have a cold and haven't been normal for 14 days now. But am leaving some symptoms behind.

I replied to sub fat vs visceral because I never knew or heard it depends on the type of exercise you get.
If I had a choice I would try training for sub fat.
I don't know to any percentage where my fat lies.
But would like to know.
I appear more visceral.
That's why I think I ought to lose weight and start over.
3 weeks

Nyarlep:
I loosely remember reading out here that heavy cream tended to lead to visceral fat which I’m trying mostly to avoid. I just want to be really soft and pillowy ideally subcutaneous heavy. That and some studies showing visceral to be more health problematic but tbh a lot of obesity studies are so obsessed with weight loss above all else they fail to actually say anything coherent. 🤷‍♀️
Oh my question being largely which diets cause more subcutaneous? (Of note: lactose intolerant & trying to avoid processed sugar. Also going through feminizing hrt! So it may affect this in theory)

Other way around! Although of all factors that affect fat distribution, diet seems to have the least impact. Genes and hormones seem to do most of the work. (I remember reading some reddit posts where trans women talked about success with weight cycling, i.e. developing a more feminine figure, suggesting that even the distribution of regained weight is still affected by hormones).

Regarding dietary sources, search for the user becomingoverweight. I haven't seen them around in awhile, but they collected and posted a bunch of articles related to this. It seems dairy fat may help promote subcutaneous fat gains. That effect may be driven by a fatty acid called stearic acid. Cacao butter also has a lot of stearic acid, but would need to be emulsified to be absorbed well.

Fructose seems to promote visceral fat gains.

I should maybe resurrect and finally post my own article collection lol
2 weeks

Yeah, it's gets hard to track without Dr testing. Blindly taking Soy, Red Clover, or other supplements doesn't provide Blood info and what your body is working towards and at what level. Best to be friendly with your Dr. Or Nutritionist.
There is plenty of info out there, just tapping into what you want can be hard to find. Especially if non orthodox. So I think it is best to ask specifically when talking to those whom can help you.
2 weeks

I have been trying to get a rounder belly for the last 10 years or so. My body does try to store it all over the place and seems to avoid the belly itself to some extent. I tried to overcome this, I just feel the uncontrollable need for a bowling ball gut. I am far from it, but I have anecdotal experience I could share that I have observed on my body.

Basically, I don't see a clear pattern and it seems that it really mostly is down to hormones or something outside the diet itself. Hard to say, but I only saw a noticeable increase in my waist if I went for total extremes that probably affected the hormones temporarily. Again, cannot say for sure.

Anyway, by not doing exercise the waist increased somewhat, but then went down as I did exercises. It never seemed to 100% undo itself, so a jojo diet it is.

Then, after trying various oils etc, the one way to keep increasing the waist for me so far without feeling like my health is compromised so far turned out to be eating a ton of butter and topping off with milk and some sugar. I also tried replacing butter with things that are more calorie dense or with higher saturated fat or with lover fat content, but I found that to be too taxing in terms of energy, fullness, overall comfort or just ineffective. I realize that high saturated fat is not good, but I must say that I did notice the difference depending on the type of food, so it is not that simple.

So, if you avoid what I did, you might be good to go against visceral fat. Again, all anecdotal. If someone wants he can send me a message with some study about great new discoveries on simple approaches to gaining belly fat quickly. I think there is no simple approach for me tho.
2 weeks

I don't think there is any quick fix me up with a pot belly adjustment.
I do think the body trys to compensate for any excesses.
Only by habits, can change come, because it is with repetition that the body acclimates.
This is best understood by those who have gotten fat and don't have to try. They keep their maintenance calories up, as any additional will find a home. Most people take years to gain over a hundred pounds. And slow and steady gets the prize. I think.
2 weeks

Just wanted to add eating alot to grow the belly and when stuffed have a fattening smoothie. Then fall asleep in a chair.

Then repeat.

A habit of this gets a belly.
2 weeks
12   loading